Monday, July 26, 2010

Background Burst Extension Technique

I have SO got to get better at posting to this blog!!!! I've spent LOTS of time reading lately! I've fallen in love with the "funny" vampire/romance books! I LOVE MaryJanice Davidson, Dakota Cassidy and Michele Bardsley! These three ladies have a sense of humor that just doesn't stop! There are others too but these are the three that I have read so far! So far I have read 37 books this month!!! Well, that's not entirely true! Some of those are short stories (most less than 100 pages). Not all are books by these three ladies either! Anyway, I'll try to lay off the reading some (but only a little) and do more posting!

Next, I'd like to ask any of you who come here regularly to do me a favor. I have two buttons on the right sidebar here. One is for "Free Kibble" and the other is for "The Animal Rescue Site". Both sides donate free food to shelters. (If you come here often you know how much I love my dogs!) All you have to do is go to each site, click a button and they donate free food. It will cost you NOTHING but a few seconds of your time. On the Free Kibble site you have to answer a trivia question. Doesn't matter if you get it right or wrong...they still donate food. The button will bring you to the page that donates dog food. If you look after you answer that trivia question (about dogs) there will be the head of a cat and you click it and it will bring you to a page to answer a trivia question about cats and that will donate cat food! On The Animal Rescue Site all you have to do is click once you get to their site. No trivia question or anything! As I said, it helps ALOT and it will cost you NOTHING. Please consider doing this! You can also sign up for free email reminders to remind you to go to each site and click to give free food if you want.

Now, on to my card WAY up above! I am a subscriber to the Technique Junkies newsletter. This technique is from the April/May 2010 newletter and it's called Background Burst Extension. Basically, you use a background type stamp and ink it up with white ink and then stamp it on dark paper. Then, you use chalk to dab over the ink on the dark cardstock. Then, reink the background stamp with white ink and stamp again on the dark cardstock. Mist the stamp with water and then stamp it onto white cardstock. The chalk will transfer to the stamp and then from there onto your white cardstock. Let the white cardstock dry and then use as you see fit. I know it's hard to see in my picture but it really is a neat effect! Now, here's what I used to make this card:

Stamp sets: Matchbox Messages, Because I Card, Pretty Petals (background stamp)

Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Rose Red, Whisper White

Ink: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Rose Red

Other: Stampin' Dimensionals, sponge daubers, Certainly Celery Satin ribbon, Styled Silver Hodge Podge Hardware

All products made by Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!