Monday, July 4, 2011

Pencil Over Ink technique

Do you have things/tools that you bought just knowing that you would use them alot and then find out that you don't use them as often as you thought because you just don't know "how" to use them? That's what happened with my colored pencils. I just HAD to have them but I rarely use them! I use my watercolor pencils all the time but not my regular colored pencils. So, needless to say I was happy when I came upon this technique! Basically, you stamp your image on dark cardstock using white pigment ink. Heat set the white pigment ink and then color over it with your colored pencils. Your image just seems to glow! Here are the items I used to make this card.


Stamp sets: Countryside, Teeny Tiny Wishes


Cardstock: Night of Navy, Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, Whisper White


Ink: Whisper White, Night of Navy


Other: colored pencils, heat tool, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, Sizzlets Lots of Tags 1, Modern Label punch, Word Window punch, Stampin' Dimensionals


All products (except colored pencils) made by/sold by Stampin' Up!

1 comment:

  1. What a fascinating technique, Susan. Love it. So unique and intriguing. Looks like a picture taken at night. Lovin' all the techniques you share with us. I can learn so much from visiting here.

    ReplyDelete

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!