Monday, June 27, 2011

Frost With A Twist technique

This is another really easy technique that gives a really neat effect. The technique is done on the "background" cardstock. All you do is brayer one color of dye ink onto glossy white cardstock. In this case I used Peach Parfait. Let the inked glossy white cardstock dry completely before continuing. Then, take a piece of wax paper and crumple it up really well. Flatten it out and use your brayer to brayer add ink to the wax paper. In this case I used Cajun Craze on the wax paper. Place the inked side of the wax paper over your cardstock and use to brayer to basically transfer the ink from the wax paper onto the cardstcok. Remove the wax paper and allow the cardstock to dry completely. You can stamp directly onto the cardstock or use it as a background as I did here! See? Told you it was easy. The hardest part is waiting for the cardstock to dry! Here is a list of the items I used to make this card.


Stamp set: Tiny Teacup


Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Peach Parfait, Whisper White, Glossy White


Ink: Peach Parfait, Cajun Craze


Other: brayer, wax paper, 1 1/4" Square punch, Scallop Square punch, gold brads, Peach Parfait 1/2" Stitched-Poly ribbon


All items made by/sold by Stampin' Up! (except for the wax paper of course!)

1 comment:

  1. Great effect...love that background. Wheels are spinning about how many different ways to use it. Thanks for the inspiration. I need to get your crate back to you sometime, girlfriend. Thanks for bringing my "stuff" by. Hope it helped with your workshop. Any more planned???

    ReplyDelete

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!