Friday, June 3, 2011

Metallic Background technique

Yep...another easy one! I think this technique would be really pretty using a darker green cardstock as the background and then use the metallic gold and/or silver and then use that for a Christmas card! Anyway, all you do is use the metallic reinkers and a pallete and sponge and dab the reinkers onto your dark colored cardstock. See? Told you it was easy. Again, the hardest part is waiting for the inks to dry so you can finish your project! A note on the embossing of the "Thank You": I used all three colors of embossing powder at once. I just stamped my image and then poured a little gold here and there, a little silver here and there and then some copper here and there. Then just shake off the excess and use your heat tool to emboss! Here is a list of the items I used to make this card.



Stamp set: Engraved Greetings



Cardstock: Shimmery White, Basic Black, Silver Metallic



Ink: VersaMark



Other: Encore reinkers in Gold, Silver and Copper, gold, silver and copper embossing powder, sponges, Ticket Corner punch, Basic Black Satin ribbon, Black Flourish Designer Jewels (from a previous mini catalog), Stampin' Dimensionals


All products made by/sold by Stampin' Up (even though some are now retired).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!