Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Punched Through Ribbon technique

MAN....I didn't realize it had been so long since I'd posted here! SHAME on me! It's been a busy, busy time for me. First, I had cataract surgery. The left eye was done in mid-July. My right eye was done just a couple of days ago. My vision is WAY better already!


Alot of you know that I volunteer and help run a dog rescue here in Missouri called 7 Bells Sanctuary, Inc. Well, the founder passed away last year. The other volunteer and I have been able to carry on with the rescue. Well, the other volunteer passed away unexpectedly just a few weeks ago. She was our main foster home. Her husband and son are helping out with all the foster dogs at their house. As soon as we are able to find homes or other rescues to take those dogs we will be shutting down 7 Bells Sanctuary. It's so sad for me. Not only have I lost my two best friends over the last year or so but now 7 Bells Sanctuary will also be no more. It has been such a big part of my life for so long. I will really miss it. But, I also know I can't carry on without either one of them.


On top of those two things, I also got a job outside of my "stay at home" law office job and Stampin' Up! I am working at our local pharmacy as a pharmacy tech. NOT an easy job like you might think it would be! I am not picking up the computer part of the job as I had hoped I would. It's been tough and my old bones aren't handling it well. Working a full time job (my law office job) and a part time job (at the drug store) and still have time for my dogs, cleaning house and playing with my Stampin' Up! stuff is more than my body can take most days! I feel every one of my 48 years most days now!
OK...enough grumbling from me! I'll get on to telling you about my card.

The technique is called Punched Through Ribbon. Basically, you punch a shape into the front cover of your card and then use scraps of ribbon to fill in the shape. As you can see I used our Butterfly punch and then used the different Daffodil Delight ribbons to "cover" the hole! Here are the products I used to make this card.


Stamp set: Flight of the Butterfly


Cardstock: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight


Ink: Daffodil Delight, Basic Black


Other: XL Butterfly punch, asst. Daffodil Delight ribbons, Stampin' Write markers in Basic Black & Daffodil Delight, stick on gems (not Stampin' Up!), sponge dauber, sponge


All products made by/sold by Stampin' Up! (except the stick on gems)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!