Thursday, September 22, 2011

Alcohol Splash technique

GEEZ....again....it's been awhile! I can't seem to get my body to conform to my new schedule! I should have started working outside the home at least a few years back. Maybe then I'd be used to being gone and on my feet for about 8.5 hours a day! I'm just so tired by the time I get home that I can't bring myself to create. And, on the weekends I have other things around the house that I have to get done! I do so miss my create time. Anyway, I've found a new fascination with alcohol inks. I used them on the flowers on this card. The technique is called Alcohol Splash. All you need is a piece of glossy cardstock big enough for your images that you want to stamp, 2-3 colors of alcohol inks, black permanent ink (i.e. StazOn), a stamp with open areas and some scissors. Other than the alcohol inks I'm sure most stampers have everything they need. So, you squirt the first color of alcohol ink onto your glossy cardstock. Then, squirt some of the second color. If you are using only two ink colors, use this second color to fill in any white areas on your cardstock. If you are using a third color, you use that one to fill in any white areas. Lift your cardstock while the ink is still wet and tilt it and move it around so that the inks mix. You can repeat with any of the alcohol inks to get the color and mix you want. Then, after the ink is dry (you can use your heat tool to speed the drying) you stamp your image directly on top of the alcohol inks using the permanent ink. Let that dry or use your heat tool again to dry it and then use your scissors to cut out your stamped image. That's it! Use your cut out images on your card or whatever your project is! Here are the items I used to make this card.



Stamp sets: Flower Fest, Full of Life



Cardstock: Glossy White, Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight



Ink: StazOn Jet Black, Melon Mambo



Other: alcohol inks, Big Shot, Finial Press embossing folder, XL Oval punch, XL Decorative Label punch, sponge, Daffodil Delight 1/8" Taffeta ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals



All products made by/sold by Stampin' Up! (except for the alcohol inks)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!