Saturday, January 9, 2010

LNS Challenge 52

This week's challenge over at the LNS Yahoo group was simply to use ribbon! I am a NUT about ribbon! I use it whenever possible! I also keep all my little "snippets" of ribbon! You know, when I've made a card using ribbon and I have to trim the ends of the ribbon? Anyway, I have this little clear paint can (the kind alot of crafters use to alter) and I put all my little "snippets" in it. I must admit, it really does add a little bit of color and interest to my craft table! Anyway, I've been wanting to try and find a way to use some of these little scraps of ribbon (I am now filling up my SECOND little paint can). Well, this week's challenge gave me that chance! So, here's a picture of what I made....








...and here's how I made these! The little flower pots came from some craft store some time in my distant past! Danged if I know just how long I've had these but it's been quite a while! I put a little bit of styrofoam in the bottom of each one. I added a little liquid glue just to be sure the styrofoam held in place. Then, I made the flowers. I used one of my favorite dies...the Flower Folds die! I used two different pieces of DSP from the Sweet Pea stack in the new mini catalog. Each flower also has two parts of the flower from cardstock. The yellow is So Saffron, the orange color is Pumpkin Pie and the red color is Rose Red. The centers of the flowers are some of our wonderful corduroy buttons. I used Chocolate Chip, Summer Sun and Kraft. So, I put the flowers together after die cutting them and then added the buttons. Next I wrapped the popsicle sticks (or craft sticks if you prefer) in Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon. I used sticky strip to attach the ribbon to the stick. Then, I attached the flower to the top of the stick. I also used sticky strip for that. Then I stuck the popsicle stick down into the styrofoam in the pot. I added some glue, added some ribbon scraps, more glue, more ribbon scraps, more glue, more ribbon scraps....you get the picture....until the little pot was pretty much full. I added the glue only to make sure the little ribbon pieces stayed in there just in case I knocked one over! I would HATE to have to pick up all those little pieces of ribbon if I knocked one over! OH...I forgot....I also tied a piece of ribbon onto the popsicle stick behind the flower to make "leaves' on the stem. Here is a close up of the inside of the little pot showing all my little scraps of ribbon....



That's it....easy peasy!!!! A bigger terracotta pot with more than one flower in it would be cute too! OH....know what would be REALLY cute? Using a long rectangular "box" and putting three or more flowers in it! It would look something like a window box then! THAT would be cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!