Sunday, April 11, 2010

Color Renovation!

WOW! It's been a while since I've posted! SHAME ON ME! It has just been so crazy for me though! A very good friend of mine was put in the hospital. That friend is the lady that runs the rescue that my husband and I volunteer with - 7 Bells Sanctuary, Inc. So, since she was put in the hospital we (that "we" being myself and one of the other ladies that volunteers with 7 Bells Sanctuary) had to figure out where to put the 14 or so dogs that were at my friend's house! I took in three extras here and the other volunteer took on four extra fosters! The others we transferred to another rescue who we work very closely with. The ones that she can't find homes for we will take back when my friend gets out of the hospital and is able to care for them. It just seems like I'm running around in circles and getting no where in the process. I haven't even had time to stamp/create!!!! Today I am going to get the yard all cleaned up for spring and summer and then I'll come in and stamp!

Anyway, my topic for today is the new Color Renovation that Stampin' Up! is doing! Some demonstrators aren't happy about it and others are. I am one of the ones that is happy! Some colors (alot really) are being discontinued and some of the "old" In Color colors are coming back to be part of the "base" group of colors that will be available for a LONG time. And, there are going to be five new colors introduced that will be part of that same "base" group of colors.

The "new" base colors are: Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso and Marina Mist. Those all sound really nice to me (at least what you can tell from a colors name).

The In Color colors that will be brought back to be a part of the base group of colors are: Baja Breeze, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Pink Pirouette, Rich Razzleberry, Riding Hood Red, River Rock, Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango and Wild Wasabi. I have always liked Riding Hood Red, Tangerine Tango and Wild Wasabi so I am glad those will be back! I would have liked it if Kiwi Kiss could have made the cut but, oh well!

The list of discontinued colors is rather long but, alot of them I am not sad to see go. Alot of them I rarely used anyway! Here are the colors that will be discontinued: Almost Amethyst, Apricot Appeal, Ballet Blue, Barely Banana, Blush Blossom, Bordering Blue, Brilliant Blue, Brocade Blue, Cameo Coral, Close To Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Gable Green, Glorious Green, Going Gray, Green Galore, Handsome Hunter, Lavender Lace, Lovely Lilac, Mellow Moss, Only Orange, Orchid Opulence, Pale Plum, Pink Passion, Pixie Pink, Really Rust, Ruby Red, Sage Shadow, Summer Sun, Taken With Teal and Yoyo Yellow. The only ones I am sad to see go are Barely Banana, Close To Cocoa, Mellow Moss and maybe Really Rust.

All of this will start on July 1 so there is plenty of time to get any of these colors that might be favorites of yours. So, stock up now so that you will have plenty!

There will still be In Color colors every year. If I remember right there will actually be 10 total. They will last for two years. They will be introduced in sets of 5 at two different times during the year.

As I said, I think this is a good thing. I am really looking forward to getting the 5 new colors in July so I can play with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!