Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Acetate Sparkle technique

Sorry it's been so long since I posted! There just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done that I have to get done! The lady that founded the dog rescue that my husband and I volunteer with passed away back in October. Alot of the paperwork of running the rescue has fallen on me! MAN...I never realized just how much paperwork Judy had to do! It's a constant battle to keep everything running smoothly!

Anyway, here is a technique for you to try. I will warn you though, DO NOT do this if you need a card NOW! You have to give about 24 hours for the glitter glue to dry before you attach it to your card or project! It's a fairly simple technique really. You stamp your image on the acetate. Let the ink dry. OH...you need to use ink like StazOn too! Anyway, you let the ink dry and then fill in the image with glitter glue (I used Stickles). Then, let the Stickles dry for 24 hours so that it won't "smush" when you attach it to your card or project. Here is a list of the items I used to make this card.

Stamp sets: Crazy for Cupcakes, Sincere Salutations

Cardstock/paper: Blushing Bride, Whisper White, Blushing Bride Patterns DSP

Ink: StazOn Jet Black, Blushing Bride

Other: acetate, Stickles in various colors, stick-on gems, Stampin' Dimensionals, silver eyelets, Blushing Bride Striped Poly ribbon

All products made by/sold by Stampin' Up! except for the Stickles and stick-on gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!