Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Burnished Embossing technique

I am sure you can't tell from the picture but this technique really is pretty cool looking "in person". Basically you use a medium to dark color of cardstock, emboss your image on it in black and then use the same color ink as the cardstock and a sponge dauber all around the embossed image. The ink will make the cardstock just a bit darker all around the embossed image. It almost looks like a shadow around the embossed image. Here are the items I used to make this card.

Stamp sets: Baroque Motifs, Sincere Salutations

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip

Ink: VersaMark, Chocolate Chip

Other: heat tool, black embossing powder, sponge dauber, Very Vanilla 5/8" Grosgrain ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

All products made by/sold by Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!