Thursday, February 17, 2011

VersaMark Stencil Technique

This one was SO simple, but, at the same time not so simple. The basics are that you use a stencil (the one I used is one of our Definitely Decorative stencils), lay it over your cardstock and then use either a VersaMark pad to "pounce" over the stencil or use one of the markers that VersaMark makes. The "tricky" part is making sure you keep the stencil EXACTLY still! This stencil was really tricky since it's made of that thin plastic. I think metal stencils might be a bit easier. You know how "sticky" the VersaMark can be? Well, the stencil tends to "stick" to the VersaMark pad so you have to hold the stencil down REALLY well or it ends up moving! I did the embossing on the top first and then just moved the stencil down and turned it around to do the "swirl" on the bottom. I also used two different colors of embossing powder. First I added the green embossing powder towards the middle of the image, then I removed the extra, then I added the gold embossing powder, removed the extra and then used the heat tool to melt the embossing powder. If you have any questions about the technique please email me. I'm more than happy to answer any questions that I can! I got this technique from the Technique Junkies newsletter. If you are "into" techniques that's the newsletter to subscribe to! Here is a list of the items I used to make this card.

Stamp set: Perfect Punches

Cardstock: Basic Black, Very Vanilla

Ink: Basic Black, VersaMark

Other: Vintage Ornaments Decor Stencil, embossing powder, heat tool, stick-on gems, Wide Oval punch, XL Decorative Label punch, Ticket Corner punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

All products made by/sold by Stampin' Up! (except for the stick-on gems)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!