Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Shimmering Success technique



The technique used on the background of this card is called Shimmering Success. The instructions for the original technique called for Lumiere. I don't have any Lumiere anymore and Stampin' Up! doesn't sell it anymore. So, instead, I used the Frost White Shimmer Paint that Stampin' Up! does currently sell. The second picture above just shows you a close-up of the technique. So, anyway, the technique itself is really easy. You start with Glossy White cardstock and brayer on your color of choice. Then, using plastic wrap or a sponge you just dab on the Shimmer Paint. Let the Shimmer Paint dry completely. Then, stamp on an image or leave as is and use without a stamped image. If you do stamp on an image use StazOn. If it's an open image you can then color in the image using an AquaPainter and ink or water color crayons! Easy! The hardest part of me is waiting for the Shimmer Paint to dry! I am NOT a patient person! (grin) Here is a list of the items I used to make this card.

Stamp set: Easter Blossoms

Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Pink Pirouette, Marina Mist, Whisper White, Glossy White

Ink: Certainly Celery, Soft Suede, Timber Brown StazOn

Other: brayer, Frost White Shimmer Paint, plastic wrap, Whisper White 3/8" Taffeta ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals


All products (except plastic wrap of course) made by/sold by Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!