Friday, April 22, 2011

Texture Duet technique

I know I say this about alot of these techniques but, really, this was SO easy! Seriously easy! I have tried some techniques that were more difficult and, quite honestly, they came out NOTHING like the picture in the technique tutorial showed. Maybe it's that I say all of the ones I've posted are easy because they easy ones are the only ones I can manage! (grin) This one is really basic! What you are going for is one texture at the top, a different texture at the bottom and a "non-textured" area in the middle. All you do is put your cardstock in your embossing folder but only have part of the cardstock actually "in" the folder. Run it through your Big Shot. Then, turn the paper around and run the other end through your Big Shot using a different embossing folder. Then, use whatever scoring tool you normally use to put a "line" at the top and bottom of the untextured (is that even a word? untextured?) section. Then, using the scoring tool, you "frame" the whole piece of cardstock. I'm not sure you can really see that part in the picture above. But, there is a scored line about 1/8" in from the edge of my cardstock all around the edges. If you have any questions please either leave a comment here or email me. This technique came from the October/November Technique Junkies newsletter. The "original" idea came from Lee Conroy. Here are the items I used to make this card.

Stamp set: Tiny Tags

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Perfect Plum

Ink: Wild Wasabi

Other: Big Shot, Finial Press embossing folder, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, ScorPal, Victoria Crochet Trim, 3/4"X16/16" Oval punch, Small Oval punch, Large Oval punch, Scallop Oval punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

All products (except ScorPal) made by/sold by Stampin' Up!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool, I will be trying that one today - the look is awesome. Thanks for sharing, Susan.

    ReplyDelete

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!