Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Polished Stone technique

I'm not sure where I got this technique. I've had the tutorial for quite a while. But, yes, as usual, it is really simple and easy! You need reinkers and a metallic reinker, glossy cardstock, rubbing alcohol and some cotton balls! That's it! All you do is put a few drops of the metallic reinker on your cardstock. Then, soak your cotton ball in alcohol and then add a couple of drops of your other reinkers onto the cotton ball. Then, just start dabbing on your cardstock. You will end up picking up the metallic reinker onto your cotton ball of course. Allow the cardstock to dry and then spray on some acrylic sealer. You can then use StazOn ink to stamp on the cardstock or use it as a background as I did for this card. Here is a list of the products I used to make this card.

Stamp set: Butterfly Prints

Cardstock: Glossy White, Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Soft Suede

Ink: Marina Mist, Marina Mist reinker, Daffodil Delight reinker, Encore Gold metallic reinker

Other: rubbing alcohol, cotton balls, acrylic sealer, 1 1/4" Circle punch, Big Shot, Perfect Polka-Dots embossing folder, Flower Folds die, Two Tags die, Beautiful Wings Embosslit

All products (except cotton balls, alcohol, acrylic sealer) made by/sold by Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!