Monday, May 2, 2011

Embossed Vellum

OK....first things first! Some of you who are "ALL" Stampin' Up! might get a little peeved at me over this one! So, NO, the stamp of the dasies in the vase is NOT Stampin' Up! But, any time I see a stamp (or anything really) with daisies or daisy looking flowers on it I MUST have it! Daisies are my all time favorite flower! Anyone who really knows me knows that if they want to give me flowers for some unknown reason they should NOT buy roses...buy daisies if you want me to be happy! Anyway, when I started to do this technique this particular stamp just called out to me so I answered the call!

This technique is really simple. You just stamp your image (and, of course, you want an "open" image so you can color it) using white pigment ink. Then, apply white or clear embossing powder and heat. Flip your image over and use a stylus and mousepad to trace over the embossed lines to give it a dry embossed look on the front. Then color in the image. The embossing is the "front" and the coloring is the "back". Allow the coloring to dry and then flip it back over and attach to your project! EASY! Here is a list of the products I used to make this card.

Stamp set: Just Believe, other stamp that is NOT Stampin' Up!

Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait, Crushed Concord

Ink: Whisper White Craft, Concord Crush

Other: eyelets, vellum, stylus, mousepad, heat tool, white embossing powder, Stampin' Write markers in Concord Crush, Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz

All products (except daisy stamp and mousepad) made by/sold by Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!