Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Square Lattice Embossing Folder

I made this card for my friend Judy. She's not been feeling well lately. She LOVES purple so I figured this would work just fine! Now, just a "hint" about the new Square Lattice Embossing Folder....it REALLY sort of "warps" your paper! It's different than most of the other embossing folders in that sense! The paper almost feels like a Brawny paper towel! I would guess that it really breaks down the fibers of the paper and that's why it feels like that. Anyway, if you want to use it as the "whole" background of your card, cut the paper a bit bigger than the size you need and then trim it down to the size you need. On this card I cut the Rich Razzleberry to 5 1/2 by 8 (in other words, I cut an 8 1/2 X 11 piece of cardstock in half). That made by "base" for my card. What I'll do next time is cut my base and THEN cut a piece a bit bigger than the 5 1/2 X 4 1/4, run it through the embossing folder and then trim it down to 5 1/2 X 4 1/4 and attach that to my card front.

Anyway, here are the items I used to make this card:

Stamp sets: Upsy Daisy, Teeny Tiny Wishes

Cardstock/paper: Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP

Ink: Rick Razzleberry

Other: Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Movers & Shapers die with the Modern Label insert, Modern Label punch, sponge, Stampin' Dimensionals

All products made by Stampin' Up!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Girlfriend!
    Feels like forever since we connected! We must get together soon. I've been super busy with all kinds of family things...good, but busy. But I'm missing you!

    Gorgeous card. I'm loving Rich Razzleberry! Fun layout...love it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!