Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Luminary

The idea for this originally came from MeGa Stampin' Studio. The two girls who run this blog are part of my SU team. They made their luminaries as Halloween decorations. I made some of these with snowflakes and some, like this, that can be used year round. It's SO simple to make! The hardest part was finding the battery operated tealights! Here's what you need to make one (or more) of these:

Big Shot
Party Favor die
cardstock (here I used Summer Sun)
punch of just about any kind (I used Spring Flowers - I think that was the name of it - but it's retired now - the Boho Blossoms or even the Heart to Heart punch would look great too)
vellum

All I did was run the cardstock through my Big Shot to cut the Party Favor die. I then used the punch to punch the flowers in the center of the front and back of what would be the little bag after I put it together. I attached a little vellum on the inside to cover the place where I punched. Then, I put the bag together using some of that sticky strip tape so that it would hold together really well. Then, in goes the battery operated tealight and - PRESTO - you have a cute little glowing decoration!

Now, I suppose you could use a "regular" tealight but I certainly wouldn't unless I was going to be right there in the room with the luminary the whole time. I mean, you are talking an open flame and paper. That could SO easily become a disaster! We certainly don't want anyone to have a fire so to be on the safe side I'd only use a battery operated tealight.

I made quite a few of these to bring to the upcoming craft fair here in Holden, Missouri. I hope they go over well! If not, all is not lost....I'll have lots of little luminaries to sit around my house!

All products made by Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!