Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sidekick Sayings

OK...I know that this stamp set is retired. It was a hostess set some time back. This is the first time I've had the opportunity to "play" with the Christmas stamp out of this set though! The inspiration came from a card I saw on the demo side of the Stampin' Up! website. The original card was made by Stephanie Leider. Since "Sidekick Sayings" is retired here are a few ideas of stamps you could use that are current:

The trees from Patterned Pines would be cute (from the Holiday Mini). You would have to turn the card on it's side for that one.

The Santa and sleigh from Wondering Words (also from the Holiday Mini) would be cute.

You could make it a New Year's card and use the A Brand New Year stamp (also from the Holiday Mini).

The little snowmen from the The More The Merrier set (from the current catalog) would be cute!

Any one of the stamps from Holy Triptych would be wonderful!

See? Just because I use a stamp set that you might not have doesn't mean that you can't copy what I've shown you! Take a look at what you do have and go for it!!!!

Here is what I used to make my card:

Stamp set: Sidekick Sayings

Ink: StazOn Jet Black

Cardstock/Paper: Whisper White, Garden Green, Shimmery White, Real Red, Ski Slope DSP (also retired)

Other: Stampin' Write markers in Garden Green, Real Red, Summer Sun & Chocolate Chip, Mat Pack & Paper Piercing Tool, Double Circle punch, Red Gingham ribbon, glitter glue (for star)

All products (except glitter glue) made by Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!