Monday, December 7, 2009

Grand-Dogs brag book

As many of you know I LOVE my dogs! I just love dogs in general!!! Anyway, my mother-in-law and I talk each Sunday afternoon. She is a VERY creative lady. You give that woman a piece of cloth, a needle and some thread and she can create ANYTHING! She also makes some beautiful handmade baskets! Anyway, because they live so far away she's never meet most of my kids, which are, of course, her granddogs! She always asks about them though. Well, so that she would have a picture to look at to "see" who I was talking about I decided to make her this little "brag book" for her birthday this past November. The book itself is one of our 6X6 albums from Stampin' Up! I used the Simply Scrappin kit called Sunny Day to make all the pages and embellish them! I think it came out really cute! The lettering on the front and the "title" (each dog's name) on the first page of each dog's layout was made using my Big Shot and some of the alphabet dies that Sizzix makes. Anyway, the picture above is obviously the cover. The picture below is one of the MANY pages in the album! This baby is Dinker! He is a "Mama's Boy"! I just love him to bits!

I made each dog a 4 page layout. The first page had their name across the top in the die cut letters. Then, I used to computer to type up a little bit about them. Then, the next three pages had some of favorite pictures of each one. The picture above is page 3 and 4 of Dinker's layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!