Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dabbed Shimmers


I am a subscriber to the Technique Junkies newsletter! If you like trying new techniques then you will REALLY love the Technique Junkies newsletters! This technique came from the February 2010 issue. It's called Dabbed Shimmers. I know it's hard to tell in the picture but the technique is used on the background piece. I started with a plain piece of Whisper White, I ran it through my Big Shot with a Texturz plate and then I started dabbing! This technique gives a really neat mottled effect and has the added effect of shimmer. Here are the products I used to make this card:

Stamp set: Garden Whimsey

Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Whisper White

Ink: VersaMark, Bashful Blue

Other: Big Shot, Pattern 2 Texturz plate, Stampin' Dimensionals, Bashful Blue 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Bashful Blue re-inker, Pale Plum re-inker, Frost White Shimmer Paint, sponge, Lavender Stampin' Emboss powder

All products made by Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!