Tuesday, November 23, 2010

last Thanksgiving card for this year


OK...let me start by saying that I'm not totally pleased with this card. But, I love the Paisley Prints stamp set and wanted to use it. I also LOVE heat embossing! I can still remember the very first time I did heat embossing and I remember thinking "OH WOW! I LOVE THIS!" I know...simple minds sometimes love simple things! And, I SO have a simple mind sometimes! All I did was stamp the leaf image multiple times on the background. Then, I used different fall colored embossing powders. I sprinkled a little here and then a little there and then instead of tilting the card to let the extra embossing powder run off I flipped the card over really quick so that it fell off instead of sliding down the card. That's the only way I could think to get the leaves to have different colors on each leaf. Here are the different items I used to make this card.

Stamp sets: Paisley Prints, Grateful Greetings

Cardstock/paper: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Old Olive, Autumn Spice DSP

Ink: Soft Suede, VersaMark

Other: various fall colored embossing powders (some Stampin' Up! and some not), heat tool, Stampin' Dimensionals, stick-on gems

All products (except stick-on gems and some embossing powders) made by/sold by Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!