Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cold Play


OK....I know this set is retired but you could easily do this with just punching out circles and then adding your own buttons and face! For the "snow" that my little snowman is standing on I just "colored" with a VersaMark pen and then used the white embossing powder. I made this for the upcoming craft fair here in town. Hopefully some folks do still send thank you cards to friends and relatives that give them Christmas gifts!!!! So, here is my "recipe":

Stamp sets: Much Appreciated, Cold Play (I do think both of these are retired)

Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Whisper White

Ink: Basic Black, Basic Brown, VersaMark

Other: VersaMark pen, white embossing powder, Stampin' Write markers in Real Red, Glorious Green & Only Orange, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, gray colored glitter glue

NOTE: I HATE using glitter! I wear glitter for it seems like WEEKS after I even try using it! So, instead of using a glue pen and sprinkling glitter on my snowman I use Crystal Effects. What I do is use a small container or cup and squirt in some Crystal Effects. I then add the glitter and use a toothpick to stir it. I use a small paintbrush to "paint" on the glitter and Crystal Effects. The glitter is REALLY glued down and I don't get it all over my fingers and wear it forever!

All products (except the gray glitter glue) made by Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!