Friday, September 18, 2009

It's Snow Time

Morning All! Yep....another Christmas card for the upcoming craft fair. I am getting really excited about the craft fair. See, I've never done anything like this! I've always just been a "hobby demo". I've never really tried to sell Stampin' Up! other than to myself! And, I have to say, I have been a REALLY good customer! The craft fair will be filled with folks who are crafty and who like crafty things! I am really hoping to get myself at least a few good customers from this craft fair. At the very least folks who come to the craft fair will know that I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and they will know where they can go to get some really good crafting supplies!
This card came from the Stampers Showcase on the demo side of the Stampin' Up! website. The "original" was made by Lisa Freeman. I did change a little bit from her original card. This is another one that I printed off a couple of years ago and just now have gotten around to making! Here's "my" recipe:

Stamp sets: It's Snow Time (retired), Christmas Punch, All Holidays

Cardstock: Real Red, Whisper White, Brocade Blue

Ink: StazOn Jet Black, Real Red, Whisper White, Summer Sun

Other: Red Gingham ribbon, Stampin' Write markers in Real Red, Brocade Blue & Only Orange


I also used some glitter glue made by another company on this card. I have SUCH a difficult time using "regular" glitter. I wear the stuff for WEEKS after I try to use it. That's because I get the stuff EVERYWHERE! Someone on the Late Night Stampers list told me how to make my own glitter glue though. Use some Crystal Effects, mix in the glitter and then if you want color just mix in a tiny bit of reinker in the color of your choice! I am certainly going to give that a try!


All products (except the glitter glue) made by Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!