Friday, March 4, 2011

Antique Wallpaper technique

This one was rather interesting! I LOVE new background techniques! Now, the tutorial called for distress inks. I do have some of those but I wanted to also try some of our Classic inks to see the difference. The blue and green cardstock above was made using our Classic inks. The red and brown was made using some of the Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress inks. I do like them both but I sort of like the one using our Classic inks better! Who knew? (grin) The basic instructions are to first run your cardstock through you Big Shot using an embossing folder. You then rub the inks directly from the ink pad onto the raised parts of the cardstock. Then, spritz with water and lift the cardstock and watch the inks run! Use your heat tool to dry the cardstock. Then, after the cardstock is dry run it through your Big Shot again but this time when you make your "sandwich" don't put the cardstock "in" the embossing folder. Put it on top of the embossing folder. Basically, what you are doing it flattening out the embossed part of the cardstock. Then, apply an antique color of ink to the edges of your cardstock to enhance the aged look. This tutorial came from the June/July 2010 Technique Junkies newsletter. If you want more detailed instructions on this technique please email me or leave a comment. Here are the inks I used to make these two samples.

Stampin' Up! Classic Inks in Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake and "edged" with Chocolate Chip

distress inks in Fired Brick, Tea Dye and "edged" in Vintage Photo

I used the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.

All products made by/sold by Stampin' Up! except for the distress inks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!