Friday, March 18, 2011

Chalked Pigment technique

The technique used on the lower part of the front of this card is called Chalked Pigment. Now, by me using the green cardstock (Always Artichoke) it also looks like a technique called "chalkboard something". I can't remember the exact name of that technique but you see that by using the chalk on a dark color of cardstock it does looking something like a chalkboard. This is really a simple technique. You stamp with a pigment ink (Whisper White in this case) and then rub the chalk over the stamped image. And, just a little FYI on the sentiment part of the card - I used to Sizzlet twice. First I used the Rose Red cardstock and then the Very Vanilla. I cut the center part out of the Rose Red die cut to make a "frame" and then placed the Rose Red die cut over the Very Vanilla die cut. Here is a list of the items I used to make this card.

Stamp sets: Itty Bitty Bits, Elements of Style

Cardstock/paper: Crumb Cake, Rose Red, Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Springtime Vintage DSP

Ink: Always Artichoke, Whisper White

Other: Stampin' Pastels, Neutrals brads, Q-Tip, Chantilly 1/2" Crochet Trim, Stampin' Dimensionals, Big Shot, Lots of Tags 2 Sizzlet

All products made by/sold by Stampin' Up! (except for the Q-Tip of course! LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!