Saturday, March 26, 2011

Emboss Resist technique

Emboss Resist is a "old" favorite for many of us. I just love heat embossing anyway! There is just something about watching that embossing powder melt! (grin) Anyway, emboss resist is really easy! You take your light colored cardstock, stamp on your image using VersaMark, add clear embossing powder, heat it (my favorite part!). Then, there are any number of ways you can add color...brayer, sponges, direct...you get the idea! I used sponges on this card. Then, after you add your ink take a paper towel or tissue and rub over the embossed part to remove any ink from the top of the melted clear embossing powder. That's it! Told you it was easy! Now, here are the products I used to make this card.

Stamp sets: Sincere Salutations, Elements of Style

Cardstock/paper: Rose Red, Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzazz, Springtime Vintage DSP

Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Rose Red, VersaMark

Other: Big Shot, Lots of Tags Label 3 Sizzlet, sponges, Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding, Stampin' Dimensionals, glue dots, stick on pearls, XL Decorative Label punch, clear embossing powder, heat tool

All products made by/sold by Stampin' Up! except for the stick on pearls.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so pretty and the colors are awesome and I really like that label punch - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!