Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Stained Glass technique


You really can't tell much from this picture unfortunately. But, the image of the cakes is what I did this technique on. Basically, you stamp your image on vellum using VersaMark or a pigment ink. Then, use embossing powder and heat emboss it. Then, you color in your image on the back side using markers. The "front side" will be the side with the raised embossed image on it. By coloring on the back side it sort of mutes the colors. Here is a list of the products I used to make this card.

Stamp set: Birthday Bakery


Cardstock/paper: Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Whisper White, vellum, Ice Cream Parlor DSP (from the SAB catalog)


Ink: VersaMark, Pacific Point


Other: black embossing powder, heat tool, silver eyelets, Stampin' Dimensionals, glue dots, asst. Stampin' Write markers, Ice Cream Parlor ribbon (from the SAB catalog), Ice Cream Parlor buttons (from the SAB catalog)


All products made by/sold by Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!