Thursday, March 31, 2011

Herringbone technique

I'm not usually very good at piecing paper together like this but I really like how this turned out. No matter how hard I try I usually end up with small gaps between some of the pieces of paper! This technique is a GREAT way to use up scrap pieces of cardstock and DSP! You start with a scrap piece of cardstock of whatever color and cover it with adhesive. I used my Xyron but you could also use double sided tape. Just be sure to cover the entire piece of cardstock. Then, start with the one strip that goes diagonal (for this card it is the long piece of Old Olive that goes from the upper left to the lower right). Then I placed the two smaller pieces of Old Olive, one going from the center to the upper right and the other going from the center to the lower left. Then, go to which ever section you want and lay the pieces out. After you finish that section go on to the next one. I know I so suck at giving directions on stuff like this so if you want more detailed instructions just email me. I think most of you will probably be able to figure it out though. But, if you are in the least like me and want some more details just write me! I got this technique from the Technique Junkies Newsletter. Here are the items I used to make this card.

Stamp set: Perfect Punches

Cardstock/paper: Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Ice Cream Parlor DSP

Ink: Melon Mambo

Other: doubled sided tape, XL Decorative Label punch, Wide Oval punch, Ice Cream Parlor ribbon, Ice Cream Parlor Flower button, Stampin' Dimensionals

All products made by/sold by Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!