Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dragged Madras technique


The technique used for the background is called Dragged Madras. It's quite simple really but makes a nice plaid looking background. I didn't follow the directions exactly. I was supposed to make the dragged lines at "exact" measurements. I liked the random look better so that's what I did! (grin) Basically you use a cosmetic sponge, add some reinker of your choice and drag the sponge along the edge of a scrap piece of cardstock with a straight edge. Then, move the cardstock and drag again. Easy Peasy! You do that all long your background piece of cardstock. Then, turn the cardstock 90 degrees and use a different but complimentary ink to make the lines in the other direction. Here are the products I used to make this card.

Stamp Set: Trendy Trees

Cardstock: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi

Ink: Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip

Other: sponge, piercing tool, Stampin' Dimensionals

All products made by/sold by Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!