Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Faux Dry Embossing Technique

When I first did this card I didn't really think it looked like dry embossing. But, I'll be danged, the more I look at it the more it DOES look like dry embossing! I think some call this technique "ghosting" or something like that. But, the technique directions that I followed (from the April 2006 Subscribers Only Pages of the Technique Junkies newsletter) call this Faux Dry Embossing. Of course it's as simple as it looks really. You stamp your image using Whisper White Craft ink. Let it dry and then use your Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp a bit "off" using a darker ink color. Here are the items I used to make this card.

Stamp set: Always

Cardstock/paper: Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, So Saffron, Whisper White, Botanical Gazette DSP

Ink: Marina Mist, Whisper White

Other: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Big Shot, Top Note die, Flower Daisies #2 die, Scallop Border punch, Antiques brads

All products made by/sold by Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!