Sunday, November 1, 2009

Cards for the Troops #1

As promised, here is the first of the 12 cards we made to send to the troops over in Afghanistan! Since I did not know who all would show up and how experienced they might be in making cards I made them all pretty simple. But, simple is my "style" anyway! I don't usually like alot of "fuss" on the cards I make. "Fuss" can be pretty but it's just not my style! Anyway, we made 12 different cards...6 Christmas and 6 assorted others. I counted just the other day and I ended up with a total of 256 cards! I am now going to go to our local variety store (Walker's) here in Holden and see if I can talk the owner into donating the envelopes! Wish me luck! I do love Walker's. It reminds me of the old Woolworth's stores!

Anyway, here is the "recipe" for this card:

Stamp set: Holy Family

Cardstock/Paper: Shimmery White, Christmas Cocoa Designer Series Paper

Ink: Soft Suede, Encore! Gold

Other: sponges, Stampin' Dimensionals, Real Red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Top Note die

All products made by Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!