Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Technique Junkies - Shimmers Direct


OK....I'll be the first to admit that I didn't really think this through very well. I now wish I had used a color other than Basic Black for the card. And, I wish I had used a different color of re-inker! I LOVE a black and white card! But, since I used black and white for the cardstock I felt I should keep the Shimmer Paint in the same family. See, if I had used, oh, let's say Pixie Pink instead of the Basic Black then I could have used any pink color to "color" the Shimmer Paint. As it is, it just looks like I used silver metallic ink! Oh well, live and learn. The technique is called Shimmers Direct. Basically you take a color of the Shimmer Paint and add re-inker to "color" it. Then, you use your brayer to apply it to your stamp. Here are the products I used to make this card:

Stamp set: Fresh Cuts

Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White

Ink: Basic Black

Other: Frost White Shimmer Paint, Basic Gray re-inker, brayer, Basic Black satin ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

All products made by Stampin' Up!

1 comment:

  1. Well I think it's gorgeous as is. Colors are great, but nothing surpasses the basic black and white for a high stunning-factor!! Love it, girl.

    ReplyDelete

I'd SO love to hear your comments on my projects! Tell me if you like it, don't like it or what you think I should do to make it better!